17 junio 2007

Jolie Open to Peace with Her Dad


Angelina Jolie may be opening the door to a future relationship with her estranged father, Jon Voight. "I am hoping my relationship with my father will be more private in the future," Jolie told the U.K.'s Evening Standard newspaper in an interview this week. "At the end of the day we both wish the best for each other and we'll try to start communicating in some way."

Jolie and Voight have had little, if any, contact since 2002, when Voight made comments to Access Hollywood suggesting that she was unstable. The 32-year-old actress has made it clear in interviews that she had no time for Voight, whom she also claimed cheated on her late mother, French actress Marcheline Bertrand.

In the interview with the Standard, Jolie praises the parents of partner Brad Pitt for accepting her and her children she had adopted. "When I first met them I came in with two adopted children from other countries and I didn't know how they were going to be. But they are equally loving with them."
She also addresses her thinner figure, which she says is the result of trauma, not dieting. "I've always been lean and this year I lost my mom and I've gone through a lot. I have four kids and I finished breastfeeding – it's been hard to get my nutrition back on track. Instead of people saying I look like a person dealing with something emotionally, they assume it's because I want to fit into skinny jeans."

Jolie has been seemingly everywhere this week, culminating with the New York City premiere of her new film A Mighty Heart. One major challenge in filming the movie, she says, was a scene in which her character gives birth. (The actress delivered her own daughter, Shiloh, by Caesarean.)
"Michael [Winterbottom, the director] had to explain labor to me because he was with his wife when she had children," she says. "It was very funny having a bunch of men explaining how to scream at the top of my lungs."

No hay comentarios: