19 junio 2007

“Newsweek” Interview

Angelina Jolie opens up to Newsweek about her experience filming A Mighty Heart in India.

On her bodyguards calling “bloody Indians” and “bloody Muslims” at a Muslim school: “People advised me that this movie was politically dangerous. I thought maybe I shouldn’t touch this. Maybe it would do more harm than good.”

On going from being the most famous star in India to its most famous racist: “We’ve become so eager to accuse people of being racist, but I would rather they make up almost any other story—about me sleeping with someone, anything—but that. It’s not only a crazy accusation, but it’s the most insulting thing you could say about me, that I would employ someone who would be disrespectful to someone’s race or would harm a child. They take care of my kids.”
On the situation having gone too far: “People can just hate back and forth, and I understand my own country’s irresponsibility with our foreign policy sometimes, but can’t we please try to be open-minded, and see that there are some of us who are trying?”

On traveling being her saving grace: “Yeah, I did have my wild times. [laughs] When I was famous for being just an actress, my life felt very shallow. You’ve done nothing of any social relevance, and yet you have all these people interviewing you. You don’t even know what you’re talking about. You’re just trying to find yourself. [pauses] Traveling really did save me. I was just … happier. It was feeling that I was doing the right things with my life.”

On having more children: “We want to have as big a family as we can. Our only restriction is making sure we have time for everybody, and we’re finding that we have the ability to do that.” (Brad Pitt adds: “Yeaaahhh, we do things in extremes. But I’ve always embraced big changes, and this feels very natural. It’s just the most fun I’ve ever had.”)

On what matters to her the most: “People can question your choices, accuse you of things, but your real work and your integrity will [win] out. All that matters is if I build a strong family, if I’m able to do my advocacy work and if my children are happy.”


No hay comentarios: